Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Crafting

This weekend marks the 50th anniversary of my family's annual cookie making weekend. It's such a great tradition that I've had my whole life and I always look forward to it. Because it is such a monumental year, my mom and I flew up to New England to be with our huge family. We stayed with one of my aunts last night and she asked me to make this cute peppermint patty display for the next day. I honesty didn't realize what I was getting into but now that it's finished it really looks fantastic. Here's what you'll need:

-100 peppermint patties
-100 toothpicks
-100 4"x4" squares of green tissue paper
-1 foam cone

Fold each square to make a pocket for the patty. Then cover the cone with foil and then tissue paper. Push a tooth pick into each peppermint patty, long ways. Next push each toothpick through the tissue paper pockets. Then arrange the pockets on the foam cone, starting from the bottom and working upwards until you've covered the whole thing. That's it! Pretty easy. It does take some time to cut all of the squares, but you could easily get a smaller cone and do a baby tree. Well worth it! Try it out :)

-June
 



No comments:

Post a Comment